WHO WE ARE
Our Mission: To be Canada’s first High Speed Rail providing service from Calgary International Airport to Banff National Park.
Our Purpose: HSBanff is a private not-for-profit undertaking whose purpose is to prove the feasibility of high speed rail as a viable and efficient transportation alternative in Canada while supporting protection of natural habitat in Banff.
- We believe in Leadership
- We believe in Beauty and Access
- We believe that some things must be sacred
- We believe in Choice
- Above all we believe in Responsibility
HSBanff represents a unique collaboration of government, communities and stakeholders. All key stakeholders are members of the Company.
The Board of Directors is comprised of 8 members:
- Two directors elected by the Government of Canada;
- One director elected by the To Be Annouced;
- One director elected by businesses through the To Be Announced;
- Three independent directors elected by the Board through the Director member; and,
- The Chief Executive Officer.
An Advisory Board representing COMMUNITIES and STAKEHOLDERS is appointed at the Company’s Annual General Meeting. The community and stakeholder group shall elect these members.
The Board analyzes issues and makes recommendations to the Board on matters affecting the company and communities serviced by the rail.
Reports from the advisory board are included in the Annual Report.